The Polar Ignite 2 fitness watch is sleek, simple and smart. An all-round multisport & running GPS watch for anyone who loves setting new records. Polar Ignite is a waterproof fitness watch with advanced wrist-based heart rate and integrated GPS. It will help you to become your true potential and push your limits the right way. This GPS smart fitness watch offers you a full view of your day and guidance towards a more balanced life.
So what has changed in comparisson to previous model? As before, with regular use you get 5 days on a single charge. But training usage has been bumped up by three hours to a total of 20 hours of battery life in training mode between charges, some new power saving options are added. Then there is feature called Energy Sources - it spits out an estimated breakdown of energy burning during exercise (the info is divided into carbs, proteins and fats). Weather info is also new, as well as the smartphone music control. Last but not least, watch face color themes enable you to match the band to the display color.
This slim and lightweight training companion provides you with all the data you need to improve your performance. Ignite is a combination of the latest sports technology and lightweight design. It measures heart rate from the wrist with Polar Precision Prime sensor fusion technology. This innovation combines optical heart rate measurement with skin contact measurement in order to rule out any motion artifacts that might disturb the heart rate signal and produce unreliable readings. This way, your heart rate gets tracked accurately even in the most demanding conditions and training sessions.
When you’re training to achieve a specific goal, you need to know how your workouts strain your body in order to find the balance between different types of training and rest. Ignite shows you how your training sessions strain your body and how it affects your performance. Training Load Pro monitors the strain your training puts on your cardiovascular system (Cardio Load) and also takes into account how strained you feel (Subjective Load). If you’re using a separate running or cycling power meter, you will also get a training load value for your musculoskeletal system (Muscle Load). When you know how strained each body system is, you can optimize your training by working the right system at the right time. You get a numerical value, verbal feedback and a visual bullet scale for each training load.
Whether you’re aiming to improve in your favorite sport or love to measure your performance in different sports, Polar Ignite is always ready to help you. Your new all-in-one training buddy takes care of the planning for you. The FitSpark™ training guide offers ready-made daily on-demand workouts that match your recovery, fitness level, and training history. No more stress about finding the right workout. With this new partner, you'll improve your aerobic fitness, gain more strength and strengthen your core, and improve mobility.
After a workout, you need a recovery. Nightly Recharge™ is an overnight recovery measurement that shows you how well you recover from the demands of your day. Now you can make an optimal choice in your everyday life to maintain wellbeing and reach your training goals. Recover from your stress, train optimally and balance your life.
Choose your favorite workout and add your favorite sport profiles to your Polar Ignite in Polar Flow. The online window to your training, sleep, and activity. With Polar Flow all your training data is easily available in one place. You can also sync your data to other online sports communities, such as Strava or TrainingPeaks. You also get an automatic training diary, extensive planning and analysis tools, progress reports and the support of the Polar Flow community.
Match your Polar Ignite to any look with interchangeable wristbands. Choose your favorite from Polar’s selection or use any band with 22 mm spring bars. Nice!
In the box: Polar Ignite training computer, USB cable, Polar Ignite Getting Started Guide
- Measurements: 43 x 43 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 35 g with a wristband, 21g without a wristband
- Wrist circumference 140-200 mm (S)
- Water-resistant (30m)
- Display: Gesture-activated color touch display (IPS TFT). Always-on option in training mode. Resolution 240×204. Dragontrail glass lens. / resolution 240 x 240px, depth 8.5mm
- Battery: 165 mAh Li-pol battery / Battery life - training time up to 20 hours (up to 100 hours with power saving options), up to 5 days in watch mode with continuous heart rate tracking.
- GPS: Integrated GPS & GLONASS / Assisted GPS for fast fix times
- Sensors: GPS/GLONASS, accelerometer, heart rate, Ambient light sensor
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Low Energy. A custom USB cable for charging and data synchronization
- Date and weekday indicator
- Time of day (12/24h) with alarm and snooze. Stopwatch and countdown timer.
- Compatible with Polar BLE heart rate sensor
- New Bluetooth Smart HR broadcasting/sharing from optical sensor
- Music controls widget/dashboard
- Weather info (current state and 2-day forecast)
- Watch face customization
Smart Coaching features:
- Fitness test - A five-minute test that measures aerobic fitness from your resting heart rate, heart rate variability and your background information. Complete the test regularly to see the progress you’re making
- Heart rate zones divided into five zones based on the percentage of your maximum heart rate
- Training benefit which will deliver an overview after each training session for more detailed feedback
- Smart Calories which is the most accurate calorie counter on the market
- Energy Sources – spits out an estimated breakdown of energy burning during exercise - breakdown of carbs/protein/fats
- Running Program - Train for a running event with a personal and adaptive training plan in Polar Flow. Choose from four different targets, 5K, 10K, half marathon and marathon, and get a training plan that fits you and your goals
- Running Index gives daily information about your performance level, both aerobic fitness and running economy
- Recovery status - Shows you the time necessary for recovery before the next training session. Available on Polar Flow
- Sleep Plus - Sleeping well will help boost your recovery and performance. Polar Sleep Plus™ automatically detects the timing, amount, and quality of your sleep. You'll also receive feedback on your sleep so that you can make changes towards better sleep
- Serene™ breathing exercise - a guided deep breathing exercises that help you relax your body and calm down your mind. Deep breathing is an easy and efficient way to manage stress, build resilience and improve focus.
- Nightly Recharge™ recovery measurement - an automatic overnight recovery measurement that shows you how your body was able to recover from training and stress.
- Continuous heart rate - Track your heart rate easily and accurately with the Polar proprietary optical heart rate measurement
- Activity guide which will help you stay active all day long
- Activity benefit which gives feedback about your daily, weekly and monthly activity
- Activity Goal
- Active Time
- Activity tracking 24/7 registers your daily activity and tracks your steps, calories and sleep time, and notifies when you’ve been inactive for long periods of time
- Advanced GPS - accurate and reliable GPS measures your speed, distance, and route with precision. Thanks to the GPS power save mode, every turn gets tracked even on your longest adventures
- Steps and distance counts your steps taken during the day and keeps the logs in Diary view
- Inactivity alerts remind you when you have been sitting for too long
- Activity zones track your daily activities at five intensity levels: resting, sitting, low, medium and high
- Sleep duration and quality monitor gives you a detailed look into how you sleep at night so you can see if it's affected by any changes in your daily life
Body measurement features:
- User-definable heart rate zone limits
- HRmax (user set)
- HRmax (age-based)
- Polar Fitness Test
- Polar OwnCal® – Smart Calories
- HR-based target zones with a visual and audible alarm
- Automatic age-based target zone – bpm / %
- Average, minimum and maximum heart rate of training
- FitSpark™ training guide - takes care of workout planning for you. It offers you daily ready. Made workouts that match your recovery, fitness level, and training history. Each workout is easily available on your Polar sports watch. Your watch offers you real-time guidance during the workout.
- Running program
- Training Diary
- Training History
- Training targets, you can create detailed training targets in the Polar Flow web service and sync them to your device
- Automatic laps, you can set the training computer to take laps based on time or preset distance, for example, every 1 km/mi
- Personal best, which tracks your personal bests and notifies you when you have broken your record
- Finish Time Estimator estimates your end time based on your speed when you head out for a run or a ride
- Autostart/stop which starts and stops training recording automatically when you start or stop moving
- Interval timer - two timers for any interval workout, based on distance or time, or loop those timers
- Instant analysis in the Polar Flow app, where you can see your route and graphical visualization of your training data
- Swimming Metrics - Easily track your swimming performance with automatic detection of your swimming style, distance, pace, strokes and rest times.
- Advanced training analysis, which lets you easily analyze every detail of your training in the Polar Flow web service and get a deeper insight into your activities
- Altitude, ascent, and descent
- Back to Start, which directs you to your starting point in the shortest distance possible
Polar Flow web service features:
- Steps, which shows the steps taken during the day, which allows for very simple targeting of daily activity
- Advanced training analyzing, which lets you easily analyze every detail of your training and get a deeper insight into your activities with plenty of possibilities to learn from what you do.
- Map view, when you turn GPS on you get a map view of your training route, where you can analyze your training data in further detail
- Relive video feature with which you can see the highlights of your training and routes
Polar Flow mobile app features:
- Instant training analysis
- Easy data sync to the Polar Flow web service via Bluetooth® Smart
- Inactivity Alert
- Training diary
- Memory capacity 17 h training with GPS and HR
- Training files (with summaries) – 14
- Compatible with PC Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and later
- Compatible with Polar Flow web service via a standard micro-USB cable
- Compatible with Polar Flow mobile app via Bluetooth Smart
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6, OS X 10.7, OS X 10.8, and later
- Data export
I. ?., Radovljica, 09/19/2022 10:07:24:
Lepa ura, ki je lahko tudi modni dodatek :-).
Uporabo bo hči šele preverila.
R. R., Škofja Loka, 09/11/2022 19:51:35:
Ura je bila kupljena kot darilo za ženo. Res je navdušena. Zaenkrat deluje odlično. Sam izgled je res lep in je namenjen predvsem ženski populaciji. Vsaj tako je moje mnenje.
I. P., IZOLA, 06/08/2021 10:52:27:
Ura je odlična, za to kar potrebujem.
Edino razočaranje je pasek. Na sliki izgleda lepe, roza-zlate barve, v živo pa je zelo roza. In hitro se umaže. Priporočam raje silikonski pasek.